5 Great Reasons to Sell During the Winter
Many of our sellers ask us if they should sell now or wait until the spring market to sell. At Inhabit, we encourage our sellers to list their house during the winter as long as their house is market ready. Here are 5 great reasons to get on the market NOW instead of waiting for the Spring market:
1. Inventory is lowest from November through February. Take advantage of that! Fewer homes on the market means less competition.
2. Buyers out looking during these months are serious buyers. They’re out shopping in the rain and the dark because they need and want to find a house!
3. Interest rates are still historically low. The holidays seem to bring less volatility as well, making it less stressful to pick a time to lock your rate.
4. Home sales in the greater Portland/Vancouver area are now up 15% year-over year on average sales price. Who knows if that significant growth rate will be sustainable through next Spring?
5. The area rental market is very tight right now; such that even with just 5% down, a 30-year mortgage payment has become cheaper in most inner Portland neighborhoods for someone with good credit.
Here’s a great example of one of Chylese’s clients taking advantage of the winter selling market. 5 bedroom/2.5 bath Victorian in the Alphabet District – $795,000
For further information on this house, contact Chylese Austin 503-703-3303 | firstname.lastname@example.org